Book Review: Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion
Publication date: June 2011
Pages: 304
Source: Library
For: Fun

Series: Heist Society, Book 2


Kat's reputation, since the last major break-in she planned, has preceded her everywhere.  But, when she's asked to steal the Cleopatra Emerald - steal it and return it to its rightful owners - she's just a little bit nervous.  Not only is it hard to get a public glimpse of the emerald, it is also cursed.  Can she and her crew manage to get their hands on this slippery jewel or will the game finally be up for Kat?

Things I Liked:
Ally Carter has the ability to make a smart, fun, action-movie-like plot into a fantastic book.  I loved reading this, figuring out what Kat would do next and how she would pull off another fabulous heist.  I especially loved that Kat was doing all of this while trying to figure herself out.  She's vulnerable and she makes mistakes, and she's not sure who she is, but she knows what she's good at too.  I just had such a good time reading it that I can't wait for more thieving action.

Things I Didn't Like:
I did have some of the heist figured out (though, I was really thinking "she should have done this" and then learned...she did).  But none of that spoiled it for me.  Especially because Carter made me doubt what I thought before the end and managed to keep the intrigue and suspense all the way through.  Great story!

Read-alikes:
Start with Heist Society by Ally Carter
A bit like the Curse Workers series by Holly Black


BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none 

if there are, they are few and far between


mrg-factor: none 

v-factor: -> 
some action, nothing graphic

Overall rating: **** 


Why are books about thievery and mafia-ish societies so appealing to this law-abiding girl?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver