Pick A Fella


A Bit of Me(Me) is hosted by Danielle of There's a Book.

In order to balance last week's love of a heroine, this week we are discussing our favorite heroes.  And, I absolutely can't pick just one (again).  So here they are, in no particular order:

North & SouthAnne of Green Gables: The CollectionPride and Prejudice (Restored Edition)Poison Study Magic StudyFire Study (Study, Book 3)

Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series.  I already talked about how much I love Anne, but I have to admit I love him almost as much.  I always wanted Anne to figure out faster that he was the man for her.  He was loyal and sweet and he is an all around nice guy (as opposed to all those bad guys in books today).  I am pretty sure I married a Gilbert. :)

Valek is very different from Gilbert, but there is something about him that thrills me.  I adored how he and Yelena fell in love in Study series by Maria Snyder and then how he always showed up when she needed him the most.  Mind you, he is an assassin, so I'm glad I haven't got one in my life, but I sure love reading about him.

Of course, any discussion of a favorite male book character for me has to include Mr. Darcy.  I absolutely love him, even though for most of the book he tends to act like a jerk.  Why is that?  Anyway, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say I swooned in those parts of the book (and for Colin Firth in the mini-series) when he declares love to Lizzie.  Eloquent and passionate. 

And another classic favorite is Mr. Thornton from North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.  Not only is he sooo adorably played in the BBC movie version by Richard Armitage, but in the book, I fell hard for the part where he and Margaret finally get together.  Oh, I simply adore it.  These are the kinds of books that show us what romance really is about.  And it hasn't escaped me that all of my heroes are romantic interests in books.  What can I say, I'm a romantic sucker at heart.

What guy characters do you love?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver