Stuff I Wish I Did More Often

A Bit of Me(Me) is hosted by Danielle of There's a Book.

Well, since the topic for this week made it very clear these things we do in our spare time don't have to be talents, I thought I'd post some things that I really wish I did more often, but which I do occasionally get around to.  

The first one is something I started really working hard at during high school.  In my AP art classes, I began really changing the way I drew and painted, putting in hours of work on technique and style, which is when I figured out my best medium is watercolor.  I'm also pretty sure that was the last time I peaked in my talent.  Most of what I have done since then (which, I assure you, is not very much) was for family, who tend to tell me it's great even if it's not.  But, here are a few pieces I'm fairly proud of:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(The irony of these photos is not lost on me - they are wretchedly bad shots of something supposed to be artsy.)  I was reluctant to post them, since it seems like a big fat "validate me" type of thing, so feel free not to say nice things about my art (but don't say not nice things about it, please).  :)

The second thing I wish I did more is write.  I've always loved to write little bits of story or even essays in high school (I was such a nerd).  And, once again, it's fallen pretty much to the bottom of my list of things I do.  I have made some resolutions in recent years (including this one) to actually sit down and write out some of my ideas for stories.  I haven't gotten too far, but I'm making baby steps.  Sometime I might actually finish something and feel satisfied. 

So, what do you do (or wish you did) in your spare time?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver