Oh Christmas Books, Oh Christmas Books!

I only read two Christmas books this year, and I am sorry to say, I did not really enjoy either of them.  I am doing a little combined review post for both of them.

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright
The short tale of a woman so caught up in her quest to write the perfect story and become the best journalist, that she almost misses the delights of giving when she meets a family with a very unique Christmas tradition.


Christmas Jars

I know lots of people loved this book, but I found it a little bit too cheesy for me.  I honestly groaned a few times at the most predictable and corny parts.  The idea behind Christmas jars and giving was really lovely, but I simply found all the writing and story around it to be too much for me.

Secrets of a Christmas Box by Steven Horby (review copy provided by publisher)
When Larry, a snowman ornament, wakes up on the Christmas tree and can't find his brother, he sets off with his friends on a dangerous mission to find him.  But, they may uncover a dreadful secret that changes all their lives.


Secrets of a Christmas Box

I really struggled to even finish this one.  The writing was very trite, with over-simplified wording and extremely aggravating punctuation (the ellipses really got to me).  The story might make a cute little read-aloud to very young children, but I didn't really enjoy any of it.

What are some of your favorite Christmas books?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver