Book Review: Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evermoreis the story of Ever - her family was killed in a car accident, leaving her behind alone. Ever since the accident, she has unusual abilities - seeing people's future, their thoughts, their aura. But, the abilities are a burden to her desire for a normal existence. She tries to block out all the noise with earphones and hooded sweatshirts. Until she meets Damen, who can silence others' thoughts with a touch of his hand. Not only that, but he is gorgeous, mysterious, and very interested in her.


Things I Liked:
I thought the book had some intriguing ideas with Ever's abilities and what Damen turns out to be (trying to avoid any spoilers). Noel has created a fairly interesting world, a good mix of fantasy and reality. I like the fantasy elements, and also Ever's sister.

Things I Didn't Like:
All that said, I really didn't like the book. I didn't like the romance, probably because I hated Damen. He was terribly confusing, rude, and annoying. I also found myself being a bit bored with the story - it wasn't very exciting and turned out rather predictable. I can see the appeal of the story, since it was very much another Twilight with a somewhat different take. When all the crazy stuff starting happening, I found this line described how I felt perfectly:
"Everything's so weird, so strange, and none of it makes any sense." p248
I probably won't be reading any of the sequels.

Read-alikes:
Absolutely, it joins the ranks of Twilight-alikes.
Reminded me as well of Need by Carrie Jones

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@#$
plenty

mrg-factor: XX
a couple of parts, mainly innuendo

v-factor: ->
some blood and fighting

Overall rating: **

What is your favorite Twilight read-alike - or do you hate all things even remotely like Twilight?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver