Book Review: The Stolen One by Suzanne Carlisle Crowley

The Stolen Oneis the story of Katherine Bab, who never knew her real parents. When the only mother she's ever known dies suddenly, Kat feels drawn to London. Taking her beautiful deaf sister along, they eventually make their way to the presence of the queen. Kat is drawn toward Queen Elizabeth and begins to wonder if she might be secretly be her daughter. Will the truth draw her away from all she knew and loved before?

The Stolen One

Things I Liked:
I was very drawn into the mystery aspect of the story. I didn't want to stop reading, because I wanted to know what would happen next and who Kat's parents really were. The engrossing nature of the mystery and historical aspects of the story made up for what I didn't like.

Things I Didn't Like:
I wasn't impressed with the love story. I really didn't like Lord Ludmore or Nicholas, possibly because they seemed like flat and uninteresting characters. I guess the love aspect really took a back seat to the intrigue, mystery, and historical parts of the story.

Read-alikes:
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
Catherine, Called Birdyand The Midwife's Apprenticeby Karen Cushman

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@
some

mrg-factor: X
mostly implied

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ****

Do you think historical fiction from the time of Henry VIII and Elizabeth I is kind of overdone in literature (and film)?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver