Book Review: Farworld, Book 1: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage

Farworld, Book 1: Water Keepis the story of Marcus, a crippled orphan who has been having strange dreams, and Kyja an orphan who grew up in a place called Farworld. The two find themselves inexplicably connected when a strange and dangerous man comes to take Marcus away, and Kyja pulls Marcus through to her world. Will they be able to find a way for him to stay there before it is too late?



Things I Liked:
I picked this one up because Savage is a local author for me. I really enjoyed the fantasy elements of the story. He's created an interesting new world that runs right alongside our world. It is a fun story with a fairly unique premise and lots of adventure. I particularly enjoyed some of the crazy creatures he created.

Things I Didn't Like:
I got a bit distracted by the numerous characters, new creatures, and other fantasy things that I had to keep track of. At times it seemed like too much new stuff. Also, some of these fantasy elements I had a hard time visualizing with his descriptions. I wanted to see them, but they weren't clear enough for me. Maybe it's because I haven't read enough fantasy recently. I imagine things will be clearer and easier to understand in the next books.

Read-alikes:
Definitely had a Lord of the Rings feel
It also reminded me of the Harry Potterbooks

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->
some fighting

Overall rating: ***

What are some of your favorite classic fantasy books?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver