Challenges, Challenges

I have not participated in a lot of challenges during my time as a book blogger. There seem to be a million available, but when I see them, I usually balk at having to choose my books based on some criteria. This limits my choices of challenges (and probably limits my growth as a reader, but we won't go into that) since I prefer ones that have distant deadlines and that I would probably already nearly complete anyway. The notable exceptions are the 24 hour read-a-thon and Natasha of Maw Books' Bloggiesta.

The Printz Project, which was my first challenge, has no deadline at all, which suits me fine. I read Printz-winning books, I post reviews, I feel no pressure.

Then there was the Harry Potter Reading Challenge, which gave me a year to read seven books. Mind you, I'm not doing very well with it, since I haven't even read one!

And then the Maud Hart Lovelace Challenge, which had no set number of books to read. And, since I'd just started reading the Betsy-Tacy books, that turned out pretty easy.

Finally, I joined the 100+ Reading Challenge, which, since I challenged myself to read 150 books this year, I thought might actually be rather difficult. Turns out, I'm finished and I still have a month's worth of reading to spare!

And so, I thought perhaps I might need to step up my challenges this coming year. Of course, stepping it up doesn't mean I'm actually going to change my book choosing habits...it just means I found more challenges that fit my reading choices already. Baby steps.

Anyway, I'm signing up for:

100+ Reading Challenge (again). Next year, I think I'll go for 160 books. You know, to challenge myself.

Support Your Local Library Challenge, cause we all know how I feel about libraries. And, since I get most of my books from there, I thought I'd choose the Super Size Me level - 100 books from my library.

Young Adult Reading Challenge, since I definitely need to read more YA. Ha ha. I decided on the Steppin' It Up size, which is 50 YA books. I think I can handle that.

[Interestingly enough, all of these are hosted at J. Kaye's Book Blog.]

So, what challenges have you taken on for next year?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver