Read-a-thon Wrap-Up

After a lovely night's rest, I'm back to wrap things up. I read for about an hour and then crashed last night. Here are some end of event questions to answer:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
probably my last - I read the same page over and over and still didn't know what it said. That is when I decided to go to bed.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think it definitely depends on the reader, but I love Richard Peck's Grandma Dowdel books: A Long Way From Chicago A Year Down Yonderand A Season of Gifts. They are short and packed with hilarious stories that should keep you reading.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I wish the posts on the read-a-thon site had times attached - sometimes I forget what hour it is or how long I can participate in a mini-challenge. Also some mini-challenges didn't have end times and that was a bit confusing.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
There was a lot of stuff going on to help you if you needed a break - blogs to visit, mini-challenges, etc.

5. How many books did you read?
Two full books, finished two books I'd already started, and then started two new ones. (~5)

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Daylight Runner, Betsy-Tacy and Tib, The Name of This Book is Secret, Between Me and the River, A Season of Gifts, and Artemis Fowl

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The Name of This Book is Secret

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I didn't get a lot out of Artemis Fowl while I was listening, but I think I will enjoy it more when I listen to it with less distraction.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I think I'd like to participate again - maybe not both in April and October though. Definitely a reader. And maybe a part-time cheerleader.

Total books read: ~5
Total pages read: 869
Total hours read: 14

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver