Book Review: The Brothers by Chris Stewart

The Brothers: A Novelis the prologue to a series following the pre-earth lives of three brothers and their sister. Sam, Ammon, Luke, and Elizabeth are caught up in the conflict in heaven between Lucifer, the fallen Son of the Morning, and Jehovah. Who they choose to follow at this time will affect their future - for eternity.



I haven't been interested in a lot of LDS (Mormon) fiction, but at the insistent recommendation of my husband, I picked up the first in this series The Great and Terrible. I think it is appropriate to call this first book the prologue, because it didn't appear to have much of a plot. Most of it seemed to be deep or thoughtful statements about the destiny and importance and choices the individuals were making during their premortal lives. I had a hard time getting invested in the characters, especially Elizabeth who seemed a little to sweet and lovable. However, I think I will pick up the next book, which my husband assures me has more of a story and is much more exciting.

Read-alikes:
other LDS fiction series: The Work and the Gloryand Kingdom and the Crownby Gerald Lund

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ***
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver