Book Buyers Anonymous

While reading the fabulous book 84, Charing Cross Road, I discovered this quote:

"It's against my principles to buy a book I haven't read, it's like buying a dress you haven't tried on..." p.44

When I read that, I knew I'd found a kindred spirit.. As a general rule, I never buy books I haven't read before. There are exceptions - most of them books in a series I HAVE to read as soon as they come out (Harry Potter, Twilight, probably Catching Fire). I am extremely particular about what I own. Almost exclusively, the books I read come from the library (shocking, I know). However, after reading lots of other book bloggers' habits, I realize I am pretty alone in this practice.

I have been thinking about my reasons for only buying what I've already read.
-First, I already know it is worth buying. I know this book in hand will be something I want to read again sometime, share with others, and save for my children to enjoy.
-Second, I am a stingy person. I hate to admit it, but I don't like to spend money. It makes me feel queasy. Don't get me wrong, when I walk in a bookstore, I want to buy lots of things, but there is that stingy, penny-pincher inside me that says, "Look at that price! Maybe you should just wait." I want to know that the money I spend on a book is worth every cent - no surprises.
-Third, my husband is still in school, so we really don't have a lot of money to spend (even if I let myself spend it). I think that perhaps if I had some unlimited funds, I would go wild with it. Maybe.

What type of book buyer are you and why?
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver