Book Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication date: October 2010
ISBN: 9781416989431

Source: ARC provided by publisher

Crescendo (Hush, Hush) 

Nora and Patch's relationship has never been exactly smooth.  But, when Nora notices Patch pulling away even more, she wonders if it has something to do with all the time he's spent with Marcie Millar.  She has other things on her mind as well, though, especially when she begins to see her father around, her father who was murdered over a year ago.  Determined not to be distracted by Patch's erratic behavior or his negligence in his guardian angel duties, she decides to find out what happened to her father and if she was part of the reason he died.

Things I Liked:
Once again, it was action-packed.  What I liked about this one more than Hush, Hush, was that the action didn't all get stuffed into the end.  More of the book was fast-paced and I felt like I couldn't put it down.  The story took a lot of interesting turns, some of which I definitely didn't see coming, and I was impressed with how many plot points she planted in the first book to develop in this one.  I admit I started liking Nora more in this book, but not a lot more.  She does have a backbone and some toughness to her, even if she acts like an idiot often.  I also still find the creepy Gothic feel of the book very well created.  I'd say it's even better than the first book.


Things I Didn't Like:
As I mentioned, I still didn't much like Nora, though she grew on me.  She was one of those characters in a scary movie where you say "don't go into that spooky dark alley alone" and yet she does.  Patch was still on my hate list, and I will never see the appeal he has to Nora.  Most of the time, he's a jerk, whether or not he's hot. 
The book even felt a little New Moon-ish to me - sorry to keep up with the comparison - but, at least she doesn't spend months in bed because her man left.

Read-alikes:
Read Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick first

Fallen and Torment by Kate Lauren 
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@
some scattered throughout


mrg-factor: XXX
again, it's very sensual


v-factor: ->->->
there are some violent and scary parts


Overall rating: ****

I don't usually like a second book better than a first. Any like that you can think of?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver