An Excuse to Read All Day!


It's finally here!  I'm so excited to be participating in Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon again and I'm also hosting a mini-challenge later today.  Be sure to check that out.  To start off (I'm only about two hours late getting up...as usual) I'm doing the hour 1 meme:

Where are you reading from today? 

From the comfort of my recliner chair, bed, and possibly porch (ok, in Utah)

3 facts about me

-I burned to a crisp an attempted batch of lemon bars (left the apartment while they were still in the oven) - won't be snacking on those!
-I'm one of those wishing that the hot summer weather would come back...
-Though now that I said that, I really want a cup of hot chocolate and a scone!

 That ain't brownies, friends!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
That looks like eleven - plus an audio and one on my kindle.  Make that thirteen.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?
I'm not going to be expecting much of myself as far as time commitments.  I'd like to get a handful of books finished, but I'll be happy with three.  I'm also hoping to do a few mini-challenges, but not nearly as many as I did last time.  More time reading for me.  I'm aiming for about 12-14 hours of reading time today.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

Get comfortable - you don't want to have a crick in your neck from all that reading!

I'll probably just be just updating this post for a while, so check back to this for changes:

Title of book(s) currently reading: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe & The Kings of Clonmel by John Flanagan
Number of books read since you started: finished 1, started 2, continued with 1
Pages read since last update: 110
Running total of pages read since you started: 306
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1.75 hours

Running total of time spent reading since you started: 4.75 hours
Mini-challenges completed: 4

And, as an added bonus picture for the hour 5 meme from My Read Room, here's some of my signed books:


Best of luck to those who are participating!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver