Book Review: Calamity Jack by Shannon and Dean Hale

*Comments on this post will go toward my Library Week challenge*
Calamity Jack has a history.  Unknown to Rapunzel, Jack was not always a good guy.  He used to have all kinds of schemes to make money for his mother.  He was running away from just such a scheme involving giants and beanstalks when he met Rapunzel.  When he returns to the city, he finds things have changed and not for the better.  Can Jack save his mother, the city, and his relationship with Rapunzel?

Calamity Jack

Things I Liked:
I love the humor.  Seriously, I haven't read many graphic novels, but I think I prefer them with humor.  Nathan Hale's illustrations were delightful (as usual) and kept the story going when there weren't many words.  I love a good twisted fairy tale and it doesn't get more twisted than giant ant people. 


Things I Didn't Like:
It didn't have much of a point that I could find.  Fun, but rather light.  


Read-alikes:
Pick up Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon and Dean Hale first


BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->
action, but very mild


Overall rating: ****

Do you have a favorite graphic novel to recommend?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver