Good Times in Author Land

So I'm slow as usual in posting about these author events.  However, I have been pretty lucky to meet several authors in the last few months.  I was able to see:

James Dashner (again) so that all my books are neatly signed.

I was pretty excited to hear about the prequel to The Maze Runner, The Kill Order, slated for this August (especially because that was in answer to my own question of what was next for him).

In all his signing glory.

Then we had a visit from the Great Christopher Paolini (it seems like we should call him that, since he brings his own bodyguard and the signing line was so mechanical that I was through before I could even think of something to say).  He was pretty funny to listen to and I really enjoyed the energy of the crowd (even if our view of him was less than stellar).  It was the first event my husband attended where he was exposed to the true geeky-ness that exists in fantasy fans.  I felt right at home, of course :)


I took a little video of him talking about how he figured out he should be a writer (pretty fun story of what kinds of things kids do in their spare time).


And last but not least, I went to the Dark Days tour at Changing Hands, which was lovely. I only had one book to get signed, since money is pretty tight, but I really enjoyed listening to the authors: Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi, and Ellen Schreiber. While I didn't really like Tahereh's book Shatter Me, I am a personal fan of hers. She has such enthusiasm for writing and YA lit and really understands fans (being one herself). I think she's one of the most interesting and personable authors I've met.

Don't mind my wretched phone pic skills.  I take terrible event photos and very few of them as well.

Who do you want to meet?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage 
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver