Salt Lake City Public Library

I got the chance to visit a more local, but still amazing library!  I love doing these libraries around the world posts, because it's fun to see so many beautiful buildings that house my life (ie: books).  I visited the main Salt Lake City public library a few months ago and was just amazed by the place.  Not only is it designed to look awesome from any angle, but it houses a fantastic collection as well.  Worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

Photobucket
This is the outside courtyard in front of the building. I imagine in the summer, the shops are filled with vendors.  Personally, I think an ice cream shop would do a great business there!

Photobucket
Here's a view of the front.  I love how it is all curves and glass.  On a sunny day, the reflection must be glaring (and amazing) if you're standing in the right spot.

Photobucket
Here we're looking at the main entrance.  I love how it feels asymmetrical!  

Photobucket
Looking back at that curving front, just before you enter the building.  So cool!

Photobucket
Right inside the doors, this little atrium greets you.  It feels so light and airy, I just love it!

My husband and I got a huge kick out of riding in the elevator with its glass panels. Made me think of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Here's the view from the top looking down.

I just loved this list of some of amazing libraries around the world.  Interestingly enough, I've visited three of the fifteen and highlighted all three in Libraries Around the World posts!  Can you guess which three?

I've decided that before I move (in like, a month) I must highlight my own lovely local libraries - especially because of the huge part they played in my own childhood and young adult life.  Watch for that!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver