I Love a Shiny New Sticker

I love when the award winners are announced.  Some I expected, some I didn't:

Newberry winner:
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (link to my review)
 

Honors:
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose (on my TBR pile)
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly (link to my review)
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin (on my TBR pile)
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick (haven't even heard of this one!)

Yeah, I think most people had pegged When You Reach Me as the most likely Newbery winner or at least an honor.  Yeah!  I loved it.

Printz winner:
Going Bovine by Libba Bray (which, I'll be the first to admit, I could not finish and just did not appeal to me - here are my thoughts on goodreads)


Honors:
Charles and Emma: The Darwins’ Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman (on my TBR pile)
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey (heard of it, at least)
Punkzilla by Adam Rapp (haven't heard of it)
Tales of the Madman Underground: An Historical Romance, 1973 by John Barnes (also haven't heard of it)

Yeah, most of these were a surprise to me (not Charles and Emma so much, but everything else)


For other award winners, see the ALA website.


What do you think of the winners? Anything you wish had won an award?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver