Book Review: A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel

A Girl Named Zippy: Growing Up Small in Mooreland Indianawas a sweet memoir of Haven aka Zippy and how she experienced life growing up with her quirky parents and her gorgeous older sister. Zippy experiences everything, including terrifying neighbors who kill rabbits for fun or who may or may not be evil witches trying to kill her, with childish belief and witty writing.



I loved how everything seems to happen through a child's eyes. Things that as adults we wouldn't possibly believe are true. It was like looking back at all the funny things I thought and did as a child and feeling that nostalgic remembrance.

Read-alike:
Little Heathens by Mildred Armstrong Kalish
other memoirs like The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohioby Terry Ryan (which is on my to-read list)

RATINGS:
s-factor: !

A few scattered throughout.

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ****


After an embarrassing number of days having this book review up without being complete, I decided to post it again, only with my ratings. Apologies for the mix up (I've been pretty busy at work - so busy I didn't check up on my blog :)
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver