Kindling for the Fire

Last week I was able to handle a Kindlefor the first time. I have not been super thrilled and excited about e-books or e-book readers, but have to admit I was impressed.

It was just about perfect in size - not too big to lug around and not too small to see the books. The screen was not what I expected. I sit at a computer all day at work and I get really tired of reading from it. I think they designed it very well so that it doesn't strain the eyes too much. The selection of books is very nice as well - best sellers and new books are well-represented.

But.

I probably won't be going out to buy myself one. I definitely wouldn't mind having one, but I felt that, though the prices for the books are very reasonable, I still want to have a hard copy. Books that I simply love enough to buy (yes, I have very particular criteria for purchasing books - it saves my pocketbook), I want to have the whole package: the cover, the pages, the separate quality. There is something so wonderful about having a book in hand, owning more than just a computer file.

That being said, a kindle would be especially useful for traveling light and for those books you don't want to pay a fortune for, but definitely don't want to wait for the 50+ people on hold at the library ahead of you.

I've read a lot of articles about how libraries and books are going to disappear and be replaced by e-books and e-braries. If people are anything like me, it won't happen. E-book readers have their place, and it is a convenient one, but nothing replaces for me the feel of the page in my hand.

What are your thoughts on e-books and e-book readers?
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver