Listless Monday, Cover Trends Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

This week is less of a list and more a conglomeration of some cover trends I've noticed recently.  Hopefully it will still be interesting to some of you. 

Cover Trends Edition

The first trend is what I call the floating-girl syndrome.  There seem to be quite a few covers that show girls rising or floating.  And I also noticed these particular four are all blue-toned.  Interesting...



The next trend is more of a plain cover with a vignette in the center - usually a portrait of some kind surrounded by designs.  And again, oddly, these particular examples are all warm colors!


The last trend is one I think lots of people have noticed.  It also seems to have a particular place in the dystopian genre.  It is the use of plain covers with just a symbol in the middle.  I rather like this trend, I think.


Notice any particular cover trends recently or have additions to one of these trends?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver