Book Review: Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Publisher: Mira
Publication date: September 2010
ISBN: 9780778328476
Source: Library


Spy Glass (Glass, Book 3)

Warning: some spoilers for Storm Glass and Sea Glass!
Opal is still reeling from giving up her magic.  She tries to tell herself that she's ok without it, but her life will never be the same.  As she attempts to deal with this loss, she finds herself running away from family and loved ones as she seeks some purpose in her life.  When she gets drawn into a scheme to control a small community, she must do everything she can to fight against evil magic again.  Will she ever know what she should do with her life before she loses it?

Things I Liked:
The story was exciting and took lots of twists and turns throughout that sometimes caught me by surprise.  I love the fantasy world Snyder has created so completely here and the way characters from different places interact.  I really love her supporting characters that bring some humor and light to the story.  A fun and fast-paced fantasy that brings this series to a satisfying conclusion.


Things I Didn't Like:
I admit to not liking Opal again.  She bothers me in this book, as in Storm Glass.  I found her indecisive behavior and desire to rush into danger without thought tiresome and selfish at times.  I especially did not like her romantic choices, though I have to give Snyder props for not going the conventional route.  Opal has experienced a lot of weird romantic feelings in this series, and I thought this was the weirdest.  I also think there was once again too much story going on and too many plot lines trying to tie together.  The books could be so much shorter if some extraneous trips and incidents were removed.  Not as good as I was expecting, but still pretty entertaining.


Read-alikes:
Start with Storm Glass and Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Also read the Study series by Snyder

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none
that I can remember


mrg-factor: XX
there are a few not-too-descriptive incidents


v-factor: ->->
some action, not graphic


Overall rating: ***

I'm beginning to wonder if I have problems in general with last books in a series! Maybe it's just the idea of the series ending that makes me sad. Are you that way?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver