Book Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Gracelingtells the fantastical tale of Katsa, a girl with an unusual grace, or ability. She itches to be free of the power of her uncle the king, who uses her for her grace. After a daring renegade rescue of a neighboring kingdom's prince, she meets a graced boy who just might be a match for her.



I really loved the story and world created in this book, the graces and gracelings and the characters. The story was interesting and fun. The biggest problem for me was Katsa's insistent desire never to marry or have children. While this wouldn't have normally ruined a story, I found her decisions in regards to the boy she falls in love with were just plain stupid. It rankled so much with what I personally believe that I found my enjoyment of the story was marred. I didn't like the morals it was expressing in that situation. I think it would have been a favorite of mine, story-wise, if this one thing was done differently.

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

(favorite expletive: "great seas!")

mrg-factor: XX
Not a lot page-wise, but a few scenes in particular.

v-factor: ->->
There is a lot of fighting in the book, but not a lot of description.

Overall rating: ***
 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver